Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Recap...

We have been so blessed to have the most amazing families who are incredibly supportive of our adoption. Warren and I rotate holidays with our families...and this year was my family's year for Christmas! However, since Warren's family lives on the way to my parent's house, it was wonderful to be able to stop one night and have an early Christmas with them...


(Warren's granny is one of my favorite people. She is such a strong (and hilarious) woman of faith and I hope to have her joy and determination when I am her age!)


After leaving Warren's family...we continued our eight day road trip to spend time with my family...


(love my sweet parents)

...we spent Christmas Eve with part of my dad's family...

(a few of my sweet cousins)

(Warren adorned with my cousin's flower hair clip and Justin Bieber doll)

(love my grandma!)


For as long as I can remember, on Christmas morning we always had a birthday cake for Jesus. Before opening presents, we would read the Christmas story, sing happy birthday to Jesus, and eat cake for breakfast while we opened presents. This year, since Christmas day only included my parents, Warren and I, we skipped the singing and went straight for the cake...



A couple days after we arrived, my sister and her family made it to my parent's house...
(It was such a blessing to witness my newest neices' first Christmas...I am amazed at how much her little mind has soaked up since being in this country for only nine short months. She is such a joy!)


While there, we were able to celebrate my oldest neices' birthday...in complete "American Girl" style...


(Of course, Marley had to be in the picture.)

We always have such a great time together...and playing in the snow was no exception...






We took one afternoon and went to Ohio State University to look at their new student center...

(Being a UT boy, Warren had to do something to show his distaste for Brutus the Buckeye.)

Then we were able to get a family pic at Ohio Stadium...


(Warren racing the nieces across the goal line.)



We LOVE our families...and were so grateful to be able to spend several days with them over the holidays! I don't know what I would do without the support we receive from my parent's, Warren's parents, and my sister's family. We are truly blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog through a mutual friends. Just wanted to drop in an say hi! I look forward to following you. What wonderful pictures!

    ~Jess
    http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete